About the team:
The Inventory Management organization is a collaborative, dynamic and hardworking team that is responsible for owning and driving the business in each product category. We are responsible for strategic planning, improving processes, standardizing reporting and sales forecasting which enables us to successfully manage our inventory levels while delighting our customers. Our mission is to be in stock without excess.
About the role:
The Assistant Planner, Retail is the entry-level position into Merchandise Planning. This position reports into a Sr. Merchandise Planner and plays as supporting role in developing and achieving departmental sales, inventory and margin plans.
You're excited about this opportunity because you will:
- Support Sr. Planner in creation of pre-season, item-level sales plans that align with product rankings, merchandising strategies and tops-down financial goals.
- Assist in determination of item level order quantities and partner with Supply Chain Analyst to ensure timely and accurate execution of purchase orders.
- Present pre-season roll up for one department to senior leadership team.
- Own execution and distribution of weekly, monthly, and quarterly reporting for a division.
- Own SKU maintenance and execution of promotional and markdown pricing changes for a division.
- Partner with Supply Chain Analyst and Distribution Centers on PO prioritization and the resolution of escalated backorder, quality, vendor or inventory issues.
- Support Sr Planner in performing in-season, item level forecasting and ad-hoc analysis to identify inventory-related risks and opportunities for chase.
Leadership & Collaboration
- Actively participate in creating a people-first culture that is entrepreneurial, accountable to delivering results, and celebrates success. Ensure the customer is at the center of everything we do.
- Develop strong cross-functional partnerships with Merchandising, Sourcing, and E-commerce teams.
- Support onboarding of new assistant planners
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc:
- We're a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- A technologically and data-driven business
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We're at the forefront of tech and retail, redefining technology for the next generation
- We're passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We believe in autonomy and reward taking initiative
- We have fun!