If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet .Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe.
The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to add value. Through values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT) the U community works together to create an environment driven by purpose, excellence, community, and service.
The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years, and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
Program Coordinator Family:
Student Services Function:
Career ServicesWorking Title:
Program Coordinator, Career Readiness & Special PopulationsPay Grade:
Exempt (Paid Monthly)
The Program Coordinator, Career Readiness & Special Populations is a full-time, professional staff member that passionately leads the Toppel Career Center's initiatives geared towards special student populations that are underrepresented and/or need additional guidance and support from career services. The Program Coordinator will also support the Associate Director, Career Readiness in various initiatives focused on engaging and preparing University of Miami students for success in their careers. This position will maintain collaborative relationships with University administrators to support programming and initiatives that aid students' career development. Pursues excellence and takes risks toward carrying out departmental objectives, utilizing both their imagination, and knowledge and application of departmental and University policies and procedures. Reports to the Associate Director for Career Readiness.
The Toppel Career Center's mission is to empower and connect students to achieve a lifetime of career fulfillment. We are looking for an energetic and adaptable individual to join our highly motivated team.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES Career Readiness
- Market job shadow program to students and employer/alumnihosts
- Review job shadow applicant qualifications and ensure approved students complete virtual pre-departure sessions before connecting them to assignedhost
- Provide assistance and support to students and hosts in order to complete job shadow programsuccessfully
- Assist staff in identifying relevant hosts to match with student applicants for job shadow program based upon industry preferences
- Work closely with Associate Director, Career Readiness to launch mentorship initiative forstudents
- Co-teach section of Professional Development Academy, an intensive program to help students develop knowledge and skills for career readiness and success, eachsemester
- Manage application and interview process for Professional Development Academyapplicants
- Provide continuous feedback to enhance content of Professional DevelopmentAcademy
- Create career education initiatives geared towards special studentpopulations
- Keep staff informed on trends and relevant information regarding special student populations related to career services
- AssessdepartmentalinitiativesforspecialpopulationsincollaborationwithAssociateDirector,Assessmentand Communication
- Provide ongoing training to Toppel Career Center staff on best practices for working with special student populations
- Collaborate with university staff and departments such as Senior Academic Advisor, Diversity & Inclusion, Multicultural Student Affairs, LGBTQ Student Center, and others on programming andinitiatives
- Attend Toppel Career Center events/programs; position requires evening and some weekend programming/attendance
- Participate in various staff developmentopportunities
- Perform other duties asassigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES (KSA):
- Strong desire and ability to connect with people from diversebackgrounds
- Proven commitment to diversity and inclusioninitiatives
- Strong desire for serving students at a postsecondaryinstitution
- Excellent written and verbalcommunication
- Exceptional critical thinkingskills
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects in a fast pacedenvironment
- Work independently as leader and as part ofteam
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree required; 0-2 years'experience
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type: