Construction Services Planner
Reference Code: 57971
Location: United States (US) - Rayne , LA
Job Category: Construction Management; Operations
Employment Type: Employee Full-time
Relocation Eligibility: This position is eligible for our domestic relocation program
Reporting to the Manager, USGO Construction Services, the Construction Planner is responsible for planning and scheduling, progress monitoring and the analysis of work plans and reactive/corrective work. This role is responsible for identifying and making required adjustments to work plans to safely meet system operation demands and reliability requirements for the assigned US footprint.
* This position is not eligible for overtime pay.
* This position requires frequent travel (50%) in support of pipeline construction activities.
* Develop, manage, publish and communicate monthly construction project scheduling for construction services within the designated area;
* Publish and update work plans on a monthly basis, manage the maintenance work plans for the assets, and assess and report on the effectiveness of the maintenance work plans;
* Work with area leaders to project managers, and teams to schedule and execute projects;
* Responsible for the training, operation qualifications, regulatory and compliance schedules;
* Work with all critical stakeholders to ensure alignment with project plans and schedules;
* Keep up to date with DOT requirements for units in fleet;
* Assist with scheduling of logistics for equipment used on projects;
* Other tasks as required.
Qualifications and Education
* Working knowledge and expertise with computerized maintenance management systems for work planning and information retrieval, specifically SAP and Excel;
* Demonstrated ability to assess continuous changing resource demands and make suitable adjustments to existing plans with limited management guidance;
* Superior organizational skills;
* Effective analytical skills;
* Must possess human relations skills to effectively operate in a team-oriented environment with a willingness to support team objectives;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills to work closely with field teams and Management, and coordinate work with other appropriate technical resources;
* Ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization;
* Must be able to handle rapidly shifting priorities and multiple projects concurrently, requiring resolution of complex problems in stressful situations;
* Ability and initiative to work independently, display creativity, and exercise sound judgment.
Education / Experience
* Technical school graduation or associate degree;
* 6 or more years of related experience;
* Experienced in project management and/or work planning and scheduling;
* Ability to achieve certification in project management would be an asset;
* Strong understanding of pipeline facility operations.
* This position requires candidates to:
* Have and maintain a valid driver's license and safe driving record;
* Be subject to callouts with extended workdays/weeks as required to complete assignments or emergency support;
* Travel frequently within the assigned area of responsibility;
* Travel frequently to other company locations which may include overnight trips away from home.
* Driving a motor vehicle is an essential job function of this position. Following a conditional offer of employment, the Company will check the motor vehicle records of any job applicant when driving is an essential job function.
* Depending on the qualifications of the applicants, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
All positions require background screening. Some include criminal and/or credit checks in order to comply with regulations.
Please apply to this posting by 03/22/2019. To apply, please visit transcanada.com/careers through your desktop or laptop. Use reference code 57971. Only applications submitted through the TransCanada Careers website will be acknowledged.
TransCanada is an equal opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program supervised by the U.S. Government.
Make what you do matter.
At TransCanada we dream big, think big and do big things. For over 60 years, we've had the vision and scale to deliver big things that matter to the world. From supplying reliable and efficient energy to millions of North Americans with our pipelines, gas storage and power generation facilities, we believe in making big things possible.
TransCanada is looking for people who are willing to think about the future...and think big. We're looking for people who are ready to take on the most significant challenges of their careers and define energy infrastructure in North America.
Thank you for choosing TransCanada in your career search.
Nearest Major Market: Lafayette Louisiana
Job Segment: Construction, ERP, Law, SAP, Compliance, Engineering, Technology, Legal
Associated topics: architect, art, calculus, design, designer, fabrication, feasibility, solutions architect, vision, visual