LOCATION OF (1) POSITION TO BE FILLED: DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTION, WEST TENNESSEE STATE PENITENTIARY, LAUDERDALE COUNTY
Education and Experience: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree and experience equivalent to one year of full-time professional counseling, employment interviewing, or personnel work or one year of professional volunteer services work with the Tennessee Department of Correction.
Substitution of Education for Experience: Qualifying full-time professional experience may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis to a maximum of four years.
Substitution of Experience for Education: Additional graduate coursework in a social or behavioral science may be substituted for the required experience on a year-for-year basis to a maximum of one year.
Any professional, clerical, technical, sub-professional, or paraprofessional experience equivalent to five years working in the inmate jobs programs.
Necessary Special Qualifications: None.
Examination Method: Education and Experience, 100%, for Preferred Service positions.
Summary: Under general supervision, performs inmate coordination work of average difficulty; and performs related work as required.
Distinguishing Features: An employee in this class coordinates the assignment of inmates to jobs at an adult correctional facility. Work involves determining inmate qualifications and eligibility, creating and abolishing positions, and evaluating inmate job performance.
* Functional/Technical Competency * Decision Quality * Integrity and Trust * Strategic Agility * Command Skills * Written Communications
* Clerical * Customer and Personal Service * Personnel and Human Resources * Public Safety and Security
* Active Learning * Active Listening * Critical Thinking * Monitoring * Reading Comprehension * Speaking * Writing * Instructing * Negotiation * Persuasion * Service Orientation * Time Management * Management of Material Resources * Deductive Reasoning
* Oral Comprehension * Oral Expression * Selective Attention * Time Sharing * Written Comprehension * Written Expression * Speech Recognition
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.