Any givenposition will close when we determine an adequate candidate pool has beenreceived.
Due tothe high volume of resumes/applications received, we are unable to provide thestatus on each applicant by phone or email. However, please be assured thatyour resume/application will be evaluated and we will contact you if you areselected for an interview or we need further clarification/information.
Central State Hospital (CSH) isin Milledgeville, the lake country of central Georgia and is Georgia'santebellum capital. CSH is approximately 2 hours from Atlanta, 2 hoursand 30 minutes from Savannah and 1 hour and 45 minutes from Augusta.
* Under supervision, provides professional level category support in a variety of procurement activities. Provides assistance in on-going category and vendor performance management.
* Develops strategic sourcing knowledge and skills by supporting category teams. Develops aknowledge and understanding of a variety of sourcing strategies and their applicability.
* Applies the appropriate tools to perform assigned strategic sourcing responsibilities. Develops a good knowledge of how to select and use various data collection and analysis tools including competitive benchmarking, total cost analysis, and value chain identification.
* Collects market intelligence data using appropriate standard practices and tools. Completes data collection and analysis in an accurate and timely manner.. Assists in developing solicitation documents such as Request for Quotes (RFQs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs).
* Develops and applies an understanding of standard solicitation development tools and techniques.. Participates in the vendor response evaluation process. Understands the variety and applicability of evaluation documents. Assist in the development of financial and technical evaluation documents. Conducts an accurate analysis of vendor responses.
* Utilizes tools to track and document spend and savings information in accordance with standard format.. Supports spend analysis by identifying and collecting financial data from appropriate sources (such as, PeopleSoft, general ledgers, etc.) Cleanses data for spend analysis by looking for duplications in data, determining consistency in terminology, and identifying any other relevant factors. Generates simple spend analysis reports as requested.. Supports ongoing knowledge management activities. Understands the fundamentals of developing and capturing best practices and lessons learned.
* Documents best practices and lessons learned in accordance with established formats. Applies and adopts best practices and lessons learned.. Assists with procurement application projects as needed. Adopts and utilizes new procurement application software, programs, and methodologies to support the strategic sourcing process including eRFP tools, State systems, and other electronic tools. Participates inpilot projects and provides input as requested..
* Develops and maintains professional knowledge of the procurement field. Develops an understanding of and learns to apply the Georgia Procurement Manual (GPM) and related rules and regulations.
* Develops an awareness and understanding of legal implications and possible complications. Seeks guidance and asks appropriate questions to develop expertise in procurement related activities. Attends appropriate training.
Vacation: 15 days each year up to 5 years ofservice; 18 days each year from 5-10 years of service; 21 days each year for 10years of service
SickLeave:accrual at a rate of 10 hours per month (15 days each year)
Holidays: the state of Georgiarecognizes 12 paid holidays
Retirement: 401(k) plan with a matchingemployer contribution and a Defined Benefit Pension Plan
AvailableInsurance:Health; Dental; Vision; Legal; Disability; Life & dependent life insurance
TaxDeferred Spending Accounts: Healthcare; Childcare
We are a Federal Public Service Loan Forgiveness Programqualified employer.
Associate's degree in business administration, public administration or a directly related field from an accredited college or university OR Two years of experience in a purchasing environment providing support in collecting bids, completing procurement documents and related functions. Note: Some positions may require certification. Note: An equivalent combination of education and job specific experience that provided the knowledge, experience and competencies required to successfully perform the job at the level listed may be substituted on a year-over-year basis.
Associated topics: airport, driver, flagger, inventory, logistics, shuttle, supply chain, truck, vehicle, warehouse