Part-Time On-Call Personnel Employment Assistant I - Newport, Rhode Island Newport, RI, US
**Job Description** Serco Inc. is looking to fill a Part-Time, On-Call Personnel Employment Assistant (PEA) I position at our Newport, Rhode Island location. This position provides Contractor Identification Card Administration to Government clients as a DEERS/RAPIDS Site Security Manager (SSM) at the base or site level and performs all ID card and CAC issuance related tasks to include researching and reviewing source documents, verifying eligibility, and discussing entitlements as defined in AFI 36-3026_IP and the RAPIDS Training Guide.
- Site POC for RAPIDS-related matters
- Managing security of RAPIDS workstations under assigned purview ensuring they are operated and maintained under security procedures
- Ensuring maximum protection against compromise and theft of sensitive information and prevent the misuse or misappropriation of RAPIDS
- Implementing training and awareness for RAPIDS security, and incorporate this training into the overall unit security and RAPIDS training programs
- Registering, processing, and maintaining Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) and Real-Time Automated Identification System (RAPIDS) as part of a Verifying Official's responsibilities
- Maintaining site Roster of RAPIDS users and assigning associated roles/categories
- Viewing/updating RAPIDs configuration utilities as needed
- Requesting DEERS new user logins, deleting discontinued logons, and updating security privileges for previously issued ID's
- Ensuring APIDS audit trails are reviewed at least weekly and that audit files are maintained for thirty days; along with reviewing system audit trails and investigating security violations in coordination with Security Manager in accordance with Appendix K - Incident Response Plan
- Reporting incidents to the Identification Card Administration Project Management Office with immediate reporting of: any attempt to gain unauthorized access to Sensitive defense information, any system failure, or any suspected defect that could lead to unauthorized disclosure
- Deactivating/reporting security violations and report SSM changes immediately to DEERS Security
- Maintaining Site Information (i.e. site name, site location address, site phone numbers, and site mailing address)
- Maintaining a file copy of the generic or type accreditation statement, and prepare unit-specific recommendations, through the appropriate chain of command, for input into the accreditation document, as required
- Preserving accountability for all related stock items and printer consumables by following prescribed Insurance Logistic Portal acceptance procedures, including signing for stock, verifying card numbers contained, and accepting/rejecting each carton of CAC shipment prior to releasing for use
- Performing routine operator maintenance on RAPIDS workstations and printers
- Issuing memorandum of authorization for use of Commissary and Post Exchange to eligible customers
- Position requires ability to speak, read, and comprehend English including printed regulations, detailed written orders, operating procedures, training instructions and materials
**Required Skills** - Military Veterans and Spouses are encouraged to apply! - Strong communication skills, dependability, professional demeanor and team player approach required - Must be available to provide services part-time, on-call Monday-Friday, 0720-1600 as well as weekends when requested on an as-needed basis - This position supports a U.S. Government contract whose terms require Serco to staff it only with U.S. Citizens - This position will require successful completion of pre-employment background check and subsequent security investigation favorably adjudicated prior to operating and having access to DEERS/RAPIDS equipment - Ability to exercise discretion at all times and provide limited judgment is required - Must write legibly to document transactions and possess general mathematical skills - Should have ability to operate general office equipment such as: typewriter, personal computer, copier, adding machine, and facsimile - Previous ID card facility experience and knowledge of military highly preferred - Recent valid security clearance and personnel service support a plus - Time management skills, ability to interact with all personalities within a military environment, and demonstrated problem solving skills desired
**Employment Type** Part time
**Career Level** Entry Level
**Job ID** 52629204
**Company** Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. federal civilian agencies, the intelligence community, the Government of Canada, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently, while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco has approximately 6,000 employees with an annual revenue of $1 billion and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset, and our success directly relates to our employees. At Serco, we listen, respect and support our employees and through continuous training, development and information-sharing, we advance talent internally, enhancing career growth and progression which enables not only our employees to excel but enables our customers to excel as well. It is not just a job at Serco; at Serco, we offer career opportunities. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco's people share a passion for delivering ethical service, innovation, and a commitment to results. We trust our people to deliver. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets).
**Functional Area** Personnel & Social Services
**Department** Serco's Federal Services business unit provides services in the areas of business processing, case management, intelligence, logistics, personnel readiness, acquisition and program management, modelling, and simulation and training to Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. We understand the often complex regulatory and security requirements of executing government programs and we stand up programs quickly, assembling and training highly qualified teams, and delivering to well-defined service level metrics.
+ -->Serco is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is availableand the supplemental poster is. If you need more information or require special assistance for persons with disabilities or limited English proficiency, contact Serco HR Service Desk at 866-###-#### or 703-###-####. You may also e-mail us at.? 2017 Serco Inc.All Rights Reserved.12930 Worldgate Drive, Herndon VA 20170.1-866-99-SERCO;(1-866-###-####).703-###-####
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.