Presence Home Care Joliet Location Address:
1060 Essington Rd, Joliet, IL 60435 United States (US)Daily Hours:
Full-time Employment Type:
The Documentation Review Coordinator is responsible for analyzing patient records to determine the appropriateness and accuracy of the plan of care and all documentation. Verification of compliance with established regulations and reimbursement policies.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Reviews OASIS assessment and OASIS coding for accuracy. Ensures the plan of care on the 485 reflects the accuracy of the OASIS assessment and primary focus. Ensures correlation between the patient's needs as identified in the clinical documentation and the resources allocated as indicated in the plan of care.
- Correlates Case Mix Weight, HHRG scores, and ICD-9 coding for maximum services delivery, optimal outcomes, and fiscally responsible resource management.
Education and/or Experience:
- Reviews admissions to assure appropriateness and accuracy.
- Maintains compliance with all regulations and reimbursement policies.
- Analyzes insurance, governmental and accrediting agency standards to determine compliance.
- Abstracts data from records and maintain statistics.
- Assists Performance Improvement in planning and holding federally mandated quality assurance reviews.
- Educates staff on documentation to ensure compliance.
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, health related field or business required.
- Three years of Home Health experience including Performance Improvement experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office software and Allscripts.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Registered Nurse with current Illinois License. Valid driver's license, current automobile liability insurance and access to an automobile during work. Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required. Certification in OASIS and IDC-10 required within six months of employment.Business Unit:
PLC Home Health SuburbanDepartment Name:
Administration JOL PLC HHNearest Major Market:
Joliet Nearest Secondary Market:
Chicago Job Segment:
Nursing, Home Care, Registered Nurse, Quality Assurance, QA, Healthcare, Quality, Technology
Associated topics: cardiothoracic, care unit, infusion, intensive, intensive care unit, mhb, recovery, staff nurse, surgery, transitional