Recently ranked at #72 on Fortune magazine's list of the 100 Fastest-Growing Companies in the world, Martin Marietta, a member of the S&P 500 Index, employs more than 8,500 employees at operations spanning 27 states, Canada and the Bahamas. A leading supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials, dedicated teams at Martin Marietta supply the resources for the roads, sidewalks and foundations on which we live.
At Martin Marietta, we are always looking for the best and the brightest, for people who have the potential to be the Company's future leaders. We are building on our foundation of success by selecting the finest people and helping them realize their potential. When you decide to build your career at Martin Marietta, you'll know what it's like to be respected, challenged and rewarded.
Under the direction of the Distribution Supervisor, the Distribution Technician loads truck and rail cars, maintains housekeeping in the loading areas and storage silos.
* Operates rail and truck scales to load cement and clinker * Operates rail engine and shuttle wagon to move rail cars * Operates the loading system for loading trucks and rail cars * Ability to perform general housekeeping duties of entire area * Clean up, remove chunks from silos, and other basic maintenance as required * Must work a rotating shift
Minimum Education and Experience
* High School or Equivalent * 2+ years cement or industrial experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Ability to read and write legibly, and speak in English * Good working knowledge of computers, good command of grammar/spelling/math * Good understanding of plant, Company, and MSHA Safety Rules * Good communication skills (verbal and written) * Ability to work in a busy office and/or plant environment * Must understand and comply with lock-out procedure and safety requirements * Perform other duties and special projects as required
* Climb up to 60 feet above ground on ladders and catwalks to perform work * Stooping, bending, kneeling, squatting, reaching, pushing, & pulling frequently throughout the work day * Walk/stand on uneven ground, walkways and catwalks throughout the work day * Climb ladders, steps and inclined walks minimum of 2 hours per day * Carry 50 lbs. minimum of 50 feet, 5 times per day * Communicate in person or by radio minimum of 2 hours per day * Able to reason through difficult operations problems, resolve said problems and/or relate same to others * Ability to work other than day shift and twelve hours or more on a shift * Ability to mount and dismount mobile equipment readily * Ability to climb ladders to top of silo Airslide
* Must work outside in all weather conditions: heat, cold, dust, and wet a minimum of 8 hour per day * Work in high noise level areas while wearing proper PPE * Work at various heights
* Medical * Prescription Drug * Dental * Vision * Health Care Reimbursement Account * Dependent Care Reimbursement Account * Wellness Programs * Employee Assistance Plan * Paid Holidays and Vacation * 401(k) with Company matching * Pension * Sickness and Accident - Short-Term Disability * Optional Long-Term Disability * Employee Life Insurance * Spouse & Dependent Life Insurance * Business Travel Accident Insurance * Direct Deposit Payroll * Educational/Tuition Assistance Plan * College Scholarship Program - for dependent children * Matching Gift Program * New Auto Purchase Discount Plans
We are an equal opportunity employer.Qualified minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.