The position works under the supervision of the Compliance Officer in performing activities supporting an effective Corporate Compliance Program. Duties include performing work plan activities, which may involve participating in the auditing function to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations, contractual requirements, accreditation requirements, as well as internal policies and procedures. Also includes maintaining databases and reporting processes managed by the Compliance Department, familiarity with the various requirements described above, assisting in development of corrective action plans, and compliance program training.
* Works under the direction of the Compliance Officer to ensure a system is maintained for uniform handling of alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct.
* Participates in the analysis, design/revision, and delivery of compliance-related training and education programs with respect to state law, federal law, and accreditation standards along with policies and procedures. This may include scheduling of training sessions and maintenance of training records, and assisting in developing training modules, where needed, for new employee Corporate Compliance Program trainings, HIPAA Privacy & Security Rule trainings, Fraud & Abuse trainings, and other compliance-related training needs as identified by management. This includes the monthly compliance and HIPAA updates. Provides input into training and educational needs identified through work plan activities and audits, and assists in review of educational materials to ensure that the requirements are clearly communicated to address found deficiencies.
* Assists in the preparation of documents for the internal Compliance Committee meetings and Audit Committee meetings.
* Ensures processing, logging and filing of internal forms related to the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
* Ensures processing, logging and filing of investigational forms and documentation related to compliance reports and investigations.
* Assists in the development, initiation, maintenance and revision of departmental policies and procedures, work flows, and related activities.
* Assists in the development and update of the Code of Conduct and Notice of Privacy Practice to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
* Other duties as assigned.
Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; must have excellent interpersonal skills.
Our staff have the responsibility, accountability, & authority to provide Safe Passage for our patients and families by utilizing the six dimensions of Relationship Based Care: Resources, Teamwork, Care Delivery, Outcomes, Professional Practice and Leadership.
Our model of shared decision making provides a structure for team members to drive practice decisions that impact the practice environment and patient outcomes starting at the unit level and ultimately throughout the medical center. Participation and collaboration are encouraged and supported.