Loading some great jobs for you...
Work Shift: NIGHT
Work Week: M - F
The Operations Administrator (OA) acts independently to provide operational oversight and leadership throughout the organization. The OA is responsible for leadership in unforeseen situations, makes timely decisions that directly impact patient care, and ensures timely and effective communication and collaboration among departments. Provides clinical guidance in the management of patient care, staffing, and interpreting and implementing established policies and procedures.
PATIENT AGE GROUP(S) AND POPULATION(S) SERVED
Refer to departmental \"Scope of Service\" and \"Provision of Care\" plans, as applicable, for description of primary age groups and populations served by this job for the respective HM entity.
HOUSTON METHODIST EXPERIENCE EXPECTATIONS
o Provide personalized care and service by consistently demonstrating our I CARE values:
- INTEGRITY: We are honest and ethical in all we say and do.
- COMPASSION: We embrace the whole person including emotional, ethical, physical, and spiritual needs.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for all our actions.
- RESPECT: We treat every individual as a person of worth, dignity, and value.
- EXCELLENCE: We strive to be the best at what we do and a model for others to emulate.
o Focuses on patient/customer safety
o Delivers personalized service using HM Service Standards
o Provides for exceptional patient/customer experiences by following our Standards of Practice of always using Positive Language (AIDET, Managing Up, Key Words)
o Intentionally rounds with patients/customers to ensure their needs are being met
o Involves patients (customers) in shift/handoff reports by enabling their participation in their plan of care as applicable to the given job
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE - 30 %
1. Assigns available personnel, assesses triage assignments and makes appropriate modifications during the shift as necessary. Plans and coordinates staffing needs for the next shift and assesses needs for the following shift (EF)
2. Communicates organizational information and all aspects of administrative and clinical practice in a respectful and positive way while interacting with staff. (EF)
3. Facilitates the promotion of teamwork; participates and/or leads and facilitates department process improvements as requested (EF)
4. Supports policy adherence and provides disciplinary measures as needed. (EF)
SERVICE 30 %
1. Demonstrates successful conflict resolution in a timely manner with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members. Demonstrates professionalism and consistently models excellent customer service skills. Ensures staff are engaging in key customer service behaviors (EF)
2. Coordinates and expedite the admission/discharge, transfer and bed control process to optimize patient flow (EF)
3. Oversees the activity in hospital operations. (EF)
4. Manages administrative issues effectively, informs and documents pertinent information to Executive On Call, executive staff, directors and managers (EF)
5. Troubleshoots problems and/or issues regarding patient/family care, visitors, and facility issues on off shifts and weekends. (EF)
6. Partner with public relations to manage outside media. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY 15 %
1. Responsible for monitoring and analyzing work methods, staff scheduling and make appropriate adjustments, to assure a high level of service quality and cost effectiveness (EF)
2. Monitor and facilitate smooth and timely patient flow to ensure customer satisfaction and process efficiency (EF)
3. Maintains awareness/responsiveness of all emergency codes and disaster preparedness, coordinating when critical situations occur. (EF)
FINANCE - 15 %
1. Provide bed assignments support as needed with designee (EF)
2. Manages bed closures and staffing allocation/cancellations to optimize efficiencies and reduce overtime. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 10 %
1. Serves as a mentor/preceptor and actively participates in hospital quality, service and governance councils, making recommendations for improving working relationships within and across departments/units, committees, performance improvement plans and quality improvement initiatives (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
RN with BSN - Current incumbents will have 3 years to attain a Bachelor s degree, no later than December 31, 2021.
Master s Degree preferred.
o 5 years of hospital experience
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
o Texas RN license or temporary TX RN license, should obtain permanent license within 90 days. Compact license acceptable according to current Board of Nursing requirements.
o Current AHA BLS Certification
o Magnet-accredited leadership certification within 12 months of eligibility
o ACLS preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
o Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
o Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
o Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
o Exhibits good listening skills
o Ability to work independently
o Ability to analyze and solve problems
o Skills in developing and maintaining interpersonal relationships as required in the operating environment
o Knowledge of the industry
o Ability to work with information technology applications
Work Attire Yes/No
Business professional Yes
Other (dept approved) No
On-Call* No (for Non-Exempt or Exempt jobs)
*Note that employees may be required to be on-call during emergencies (i.e. Disaster, Severe Weather Event, etc) regardless of selection above.
May require travel within No
Houston Metropolitan area
May require travel outside No
of Houston Metropolitan area
**Travel specifications may vary by department.
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Since its founding in 1919, Houston Methodist Hospital has earned worldwide recognition. Houston Methodist Hospital is affiliated with the Weill Medical College of Cornell University and New York-Presbyterian Hospital, one of the nation's leading centers for medical education and research. Houston Methodist is consistently ranked in U.S. News & World Report's Best Hospital list and was recently named the number one hospital in Texas. FORTUNE magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of 100 Best Companies To Work For since 2006. Houston Methodist Hospital directs millions of research dollars into patient care and offers the latest innovations in medical, surgical and diagnostic techniques. With 1,119 licensed beds, 67 operating rooms and over 6,000 employees, Houston Methodist offers complete care for patients from around the world.