The purpose of this position is to source and purchase parts/materials, development suppliers, material management, both internally and externally, and support Race team needs for testing and race components. Activities Include: Vendor terms and conditions, negotiations, material management, departmental interfacing, follow up reporting, and special projects.
* BS Degree preferred or equivalent buyer or procurement experience.
* Minimum of 5 years of purchasing/procurement experience and negotiation skills.
* Working knowledge of supplier management and procurement processes in developing contracts/agreements.
* Ability to develop and integrate requirements, proposal development, analysis negotiation, documentation, and contract of supplier activities.
* Ability to effectively interface with all levels of company associates and outside suppliers and resolve conflicts at appropriate levels.
* Supplier selection understanding based on QAV.
* Must be familiar with supplier ranking criteria, monitoring on time delivery, and developing new suppliers.
* Must be familiar with supplier audit (Quality, Financial, management and shop floor).
* Must be familiar with supplier development and continuous improvement, product quality planning, and production part approval process.
* Must be familiar with various purchasing software modules, (Navision).
* Experience in negotiation purchases in excess of $100,000 and providing enough evidence for price, quality competitiveness, creating negotiation leverage by having multi-RFQ and quotation.
* Ability to resolve conflict effectively
Ideal candidate possesses:
* Effective interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and negotiation skills.
* Understanding of purchasing practices and procedures.
* Technical understanding of composite manufacturing/production and complex machined parts.
* Project management skills.
* Knowledge of vendor/supplier qualification processes and quality control standard.
* Understanding of Quality Assurance methods.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Knowledge of logistic, transportation and customs regulations.
* Knowledge of INCOTERMS 2010 for international purchase.
* Strong PC skills and MS Office proficiency
* Knowledge of automated purchasing systems.
* Strong organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to work in team environment and operate under minimal supervision
* Cost Analysis skills.
* Ability to analyze part drawings and specifications.
* Basic understanding of material requirement planning (MRP).
Sub Competencies: Flexibility and Adaptability; Planning and Organizing; Achieving Goals; Approachability; Accountability; Communication; Problem Solving; Ethics and Integrity; and Customer Orientation.
HPD offers a competitive compensation and benefits program as well as an opportunity to further develop a career in motorsports racing.
Interested candidates should submit resume & salary history to:
Honda Performance Development is an equal opportunity employer which considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status, or any other protected factor.
Associated topics: buyer, display, merchandise, purchase, raw material, ship, shipment, store, supplier, supply chain