Experience: Understanding of age appropriate behavioral interventions, child development, and direct experience providing behavior management.
Reports to: Program Supervisor
Job Summary: The Behavioral Intervention Clinician (BIC) will provide direct and indirect behavioral support services in home and community environments to children birth through 18 years old and their families or caregivers. Behavior support services include gathering of data, oversight of the Behavior Intervention Plan, and ongoing training and support for the families.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (With or Without Accommodation):
* Completes Functional Behavior Assessments. * Implement a person-centered Behavioral Intervention Plan with evidenced-based interventions, function-based replacement behaviors, and strategies supporting acquisition of age appropriate skills focused on the reduction of problem behavior. * Provide training and technical support for team members to carry out recommendations. * Focuses on the safety and well-being of the child(ren) in all work with each family. * Promotes positive parent-child interactions and relationships. * Attends and makes reports to the Child and Family Team (CFT) during CFT meetings * Collaborates and meets with other service providers and internal team members to coordinate services. * Ensures that paperwork is completed correctly and in a timely fashion. * Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor. * Attend and participate in required staff meetings * Promote and follow practices that support health and safety of staff * Develop and maintain positive relationships with program participants, staff, collaborating people, programs and state agencies * Maintain agreed upon work schedule, be punctual, keep appointments, and use time effectively * Use supervision effectively, accept feedback in a professional manner, and accept responsibility for job performance * Attend required professional development opportunities and maintain knowledge of current research and effective approaches * Understand and maintain private and sensitive information within the confines of need-to-know parameters.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (With or Without Accommodation)
* Applicants must be familiar with Applied Behavioral Analysis methodology * Ability to work flexible hours including afternoon and evening hours and a possible weekend day. * Ability to speak and write effectively in English. * A familiarity with evidenced based practices related to behavioral interventions. * Experience working with families with multiple risk factors, safety issues, and behavioral difficulties; * Knowledge of general child development. * Ability to complete job responsibilities autonomously without daily oversight * Ability to use the following office equipment; computer, telephone, copy machine, fax machine
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION / LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
* Experience working with children and their families required * Provide and Maintain Valid Arizona Drivers License, Registration & Insurance * Valid Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at all times * Current CPR and First Aide Certification * Meet the behavioral health requirements of a Behavioral health Technician (BHT)
* Must be able to remain calm, non-defensive with a supportive attitude during stressful, potential crisis, and crisis situations. * Must be able to work in a stressful environment where there are considerable mental and emotional demands. The types of situations that may be encountered, particularly when children and their caregivers are involved, cause emotional stress. * Must be able to manage high volumes and unpredictability of work. * Must be able to remain flexible and reprioritize according to the changing demands of the day. * Must be able to manage stress in a fast - paced, unpredictable, and high intensity setting. * Must be able to adapt to diverse cultural environments and communicate in a culturally inclusive manner. * Must be able to represent EBF in a professional manner in all situations * Stoop, bend, walk, reach, run, jump, jog * Move up and down from floor * Lift and carry up to 50 pounds * Push and Pull with 50 pounds force * Move quickly around people and/or objects * Step up and down
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.