Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC, a joint venture between Leonardo DRS and Thales USA, is a technical leader in the fields of sonar systems, sonar signal processing, acoustic training systems, and open architecture system and software integration. The venture focuses on emerging areas in the undersea warfare domain where the customer has identified mission-critical needs. For additional information about Advanced Acoustic Concepts, please visit our website at
Title: Security Coordinator
Part Time: 20-29 hours per week
Job Location: Hauppauge, NY
Position Summary: Advanced Acoustic Concepts is seeking a part time Security Coordinator in its New York location to assist the security team with their routine administrative needs and requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assists administrative staff, managers, and functional departments with their routine administrative needs and requirements * Answers incoming telephone calls and receives visitors determining nature of business, directing person to proper destination, takes phone messages * Maintain filing systems * Distribution of mail and facsimiles both in bound and out bound in a timely manner * Supports visit request related issues for external and internal company employees, suppliers and/or customers * Supports the site maintenance of the DoD Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS) for employee records including keeping their access updated, and coordinating/initiating security investigations for employees * Supports preparation for annual DSS Security Vulnerability Assessments to include facility self-inspections * May educate and coordinate employee foreign travel briefings, debriefings, and tracking of travel dates and destinations * May maintain office inventory supplies * May assist with travel arrangements * May coordinate scheduling of meeting rooms * Supports, communicates, reinforce the mission, values and culture of the organization
* High School diploma * Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance. * Understanding of standard office procedures and practices * Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products * Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
Additional Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Knowledge:
* Assist the Administrative Assistants. * Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures * Performs other duties as required
* Lifting up to 5 lbs up to 10% of the time * Climbing or Bending up to 10% of the time * Walking up to 25% of the time * Sitting up to 75% of the time
AAC works on a 9/80 compressed work schedule, where employees work 80 hours in 2 weeks, and off every other Friday.
Advanced Acoustic Concepts, LLC; DRS Technologies, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates are equal opportunity employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. #MCSS
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.