The Special Events Coordinator is responsible for assisting in the creation, development and implementation of special events for a designated region he/she is assigned to. The Coordinator works seamlessly with site Sales & Marketing leaders and dedicated Corporate team members to establish a set event schedule, deliver on required tour numbers and over-deliver on sales results through first-class customer service throughout the event process.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Develops and executes all facets of the events in a manner to ensure outstanding Profit per Tour statistics on the program.
* Executes site inspections, permit hearings, planning meetings and event execution.
* Builds strategic relationships with national partners to enhance the working environment, event quality and customer satisfaction.
* Communicates with site-level Project Directors, as well as Marketing Directors and Sales Managers on an ongoing basis to ensure events are on schedule and all goals are met.
* Develops site-specific operations plans for all aspects of event production (traffic management & parking, waste management, pedestrian flow, emergency & medical services, etc.).
* Forecasts resource requirements and develop event staffing plans.
* Determines and monitors resource requirements for each event.
* Manages venue relations and expectations throughout the event production life cycle.
* Creates, maintains and enforces schedules, budgets & event status.
* Sources venues; recommends and engages catering to execute quality event within predetermined budget.
* Negotiates agreements with outside providers and subcontractors to ensure lower cost & highest quality of service.
* Creates and submits purchase orders.
* Secures all necessary permits for event execution.
* Builds and maintains strong relationships with event vendors.
* Coordinates with other departments to ensure the successful delivery of an event.
* Prepares post-event reports.
* Creates and distributes event itineraries.
* Prepares shipping/transport of event related supplies by placing orders for items from vendors.
* Researches and stays up-to-date on event trends.
* Anticipates guest needs and exceeds their expectations.
* Provides superior customer service in accordance with the Company DRIven to Excellence standards.
* Consistently practices the Meaning of Yes? and maintain the highest standards of professionalism when interacting with fellow team members, management and all guests that attend each event.
* Completes all required company trainings and compliance courses as assigned.
* Adheres to company standards and maintains compliance with all policies and procedures.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
* A minimum one (1) year of experience in the event management in direct-to-consumer sales field required.
* No supervisory experience required.
* This position does not include any supervisory responsibilities.
LICENSE & CERTIFICATIONS
* Driver's Licenses (non-commercial), must be state-specific.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
This position requires the capability to understand and follow both oral and written directions as well as knowledge and usage of correct business English and office practices. Must be able to communicate effectively with others, analyze and resolve problems, maintain effective working relationships, and interact successfully with internal and external customers.
Specific skills and abilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* Ability to rent a vehicle from a Company approved vendor.
* Proven history of successfully executing multiple projects/events simultaneously.
* Ability to design, implement and manage promotions for multi-site marketing teams.
* Experience in leadership positions within start-up or growth phase companies preferred.
* Excellent teamwork skills, ability to work independently and as a team player.
* Personality dedicated to the guest experience.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
* Proven ability to manage conflict.
* Ability to work cross-functionally.
* Superior critical thinking, analytical and communication skills.
* Clear focus on delivering results and achieving objectives.
* Creativity and flexibility.
* Detail oriented.
* Computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Proficient in time management; the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
* Ability to take initiative and effectively adapt to changes.
* Recognize an emergency situation and take appropriate action.
* Able to establish and maintain a cooperative working relation.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Able to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature, with impending deadlines and/or established timeframes.
* Perform well with frequent interruptions and/or distractions.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.