This position is responsible for promoting optimal stroke care in the context of a regionalized stroke care system through clinical activities, professional and public education, research activities, quality improvement activities, maintaining the stroke outcomes database, and case analysis. This position acts as a resource to all patient care areas regarding medical and nursing care as related to the stroke patient. Manages care by maintaining effective lines of communication with all stakeholders.Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Able to assess, plan, implement and evaluate nursing care
- Demonstrated excellence in communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be self-directed.
- Minimum three to five years experience in emergency/critical care/neuro nursing and in the care of stroke patients, with advanced skills.
C. Licenses, Registrations, or Certifications
- Current Texas State RN License
- CPR (American Heart Association)
- ACLS required within 6 months of hire/transfer date
- NIHSS required within 90 days if hire/transfer date
Associated topics: asn, care unit, ccu, hospice, neonatal, nurse rn, psychiatric, recovery, staff nurse, surgical