Loading some great jobs for you...
Join our team at Acts Retirement-Life Communities! Acts has been setting the standard for excellence in senior retirement living since 1972, with a vision founded in faith and guided by a commitment to integrity and loving kindness.
Plans, coordinates, and directs the recreation program for residents in accordance with capabilities, needs, and interests.
Essential Job Functions:
* Plans and implements recreational programs that meet the residents' present level of functioning.
* Maintains daily and quarterly documentation of residents' participation in programs and p.r.n. notes.
* Participates in weekly care conferences.
* Attends and participates in meetings, conferences, and educational programs to enhance professional growth and development.
* Coordinates and participates in in-service programs for facility, staff and volunteers.
* Coordinates and integrates the Recreation Program with community resources and other services.
* Assesses each resident based on information obtained from observation and interaction with the resident and family/friends, as well as medical records.
* Prepares and posts a monthly calendar of programs and distributes to resident rooms and departments.
* Orders supplies needed and keeps financial records of all purchases as necessary.
* Abides by the established policies of the facility and licensing agencies.
* Ensures that adequate records, information and interventions are maintained in compliance with federal, state and corporate rules and regulations.
* Organizes and directs departmental training programs, resolves personnel problems, hires new employees, and evaluates employees' performance and working relationships.
* Maintains records and prepares periodic activity and personnel reports for review by management.
* Evaluates records to forecast department personnel requirements and to prepare budget.
* Other duties as assigned.
Critical Skills and Knowledge Necessary
The critical skills and knowledge required to successfully perform the functions of the position are normally obtained thru the completion a Bachelors Degree in recreation, fine arts, or related human services field, National certification for activity professionals or certificate of completion of a state approved coordinator's activity course preferred (required for North Carolina), and work experience of a minimum one year beyond college. NCTRC and additional arts certifications are preferred, but not required.
* Lifting 10-40 pounds occasionally
* Standing and sitting frequently with occasional walking
* Climbing stairs occasionally
* Bending occasionally with frequent reaching from below knees to above shoulder
* Handling objects with frequent simple grasping, occasional wrist twisting and fingering
* Pushing/pulling wheelchair occasionally
* Twisting upper torso occasionally
* Talking and hearing frequently, on telephone and in person
* General visual skills
* Inside 95%
* Temperature controlled environment